About Me

Atlanta, GA, United States
I'm a recent college grad with an interest in public health as a career. I am making the most of my "downtime" between college and beginning graduate school at University of Alabama at Birmingham.

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Running

I'm trying to get back into running since I didn't run much in Haiti, except at recreation, when it was chasing down frisbees or giving a million piggy back rides ("NON! I can only carry one of you at a time, you have no idea what I am saying, un! Un! Seulement! Pas deux! Pas trois! Okay?!"), and it's... well, it's going.

It was going pretty well, but yesterday my calves were sore before and after my morning run, so when I went to the Hooch for a walk, I planned to take it easy. Once I got off the main bike trail, though, and into the muddy, hillier areas, I suddenly found myself running. It probably wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't been wearing my light hikers, instead of my nikes or VFFs. So of course, I went back to the river this morning- this weekend, it's freeeeee!- and ran in my VFFs, so the run was easier at first and then my calves hurt so badly I had to keep stopping and stretching.

The only thing that got me through it was the Stuff You Should Know podcast, which is pretty magical AND available on iTunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment