About Me

Atlanta, GA, United States
I'm a recent college grad with an interest in public health as a career. I am making the most of my "downtime" between college and beginning graduate school at University of Alabama at Birmingham.

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

A video--

Dreamed I was driving along the coast and suddenly I was in Jacmel again, along the road to the beach. I woke up and one of the girls in my rotation, who was at Croix-de-Bouquet, just outside of Port au Prince, had posted this video of her time in CdB. Their compound was different as it was actively a school and there were several volunteers working in a medical clinic. Around 3:30 you meet a nurse who is talking about an 8 month old who came to them dehydrated and is now thriving. She doesn't mention this, but the mother was feeding the baby soup instead of breastfeeding because she believed that her milk was bad after the earthquake. The woman had carried five kids to term and they had all died except this one. The lack of education is just... unconscionable. ANYWAY, here is Hannah's awesome video.



Sorry for the lack of real update; life has been busy since I returned, as my boyfriend came back to Atlanta for a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment